We all appreciate exciting things in life and one of the most enjoyable things that come around a couple of times a year is a holiday. There are many different types of holidays for all walks of life: Whether it’s a luxury break to a budget getaway for romantic couples or adventurous families, including anything from all inclusive to self-catering deals, or a tailor-made trip to package holidays.
A package holiday normally includes travel and accommodation depending on the advertised deal you may have purchased. Most packages consist of flights with baggage allowance, transfers to your hotel or apartment and an in-resort rep service. These package deals are bundled together and offered by many different UK based tour operators.
In these troubling economic times we all could do with saving some money, and surprisingly Package Holidays have come down in price due to the competition on the high street and many online travel services. So there are plenty of options to choose from. Finding the perfect package holiday can be quite confusing and mind boggling so we recommend that you do your research first. You will get a much better value for money if you compare your options first.
Nothing beats the powerful combination of location, duration and amenities. Most package holidays offer an excellent combination of the three along with discounts for other attractions, experiences or excursions that may not be included in the initial package. While all inclusive holidays are convenient and easy packages, it is important to remember that not all package holidays are all inclusive. What this means is that you may still be responsible for some or all of your meals, drinks and some of your entertainment. Budget your plans accordingly – and book a board basis that best suits your requirements.
• Read up on the resort. Make sure the resort caters for you needs. We have plenty of resort information that you can browse through on our website.
• Check out the school term dates to avoid school holidays if you can. The holiday prices can sometimes drop by 60% outside school holidays. If you are tied to school holidays a day on either side can still work out significantly cheaper.
• Read up on the hotel to ensure that the hotel caters for your needs. There are some good review sites you can check up on, but remember someone will more likely to write about having a bad experience than if they had a great holiday so make sure you check multiple review sites.
• Choose a right board basis for your requirements. Families will love the hassle free all inclusive which means that most of your drinks and meals are included (remember that this deal normally only applies to the main restaurant and local beverages). If you like to explore different restaurants and fine dining, then bed & breakfast might be the best option for you.
• Choose a right room type. If you are celebrating a special occasion such as your wedding anniversary or honeymoon, it is definitely worth to consider a room upgrade. Think a romantic four poster bed, Jacuzzi and even a private butler service – these little luxuries are available normally when you upgrade to one of the premium suites. When travelling with children, consider interconnecting rooms, or a sea view room with a balcony, which is perfect for those evening sundowners when the children are in bed.
Package Holidays have been around from as early as 1841. This was obviously not the kind of package that is offered today. The first organised holiday was set up by one of the tour operators that are still selling strong more than 170 years later, Thomas Cook. Holidays overseas started roughly after the Second World War by a company called Horizon Travel. These holidays were to limited destination such as Corsica, Spain and Italy flying from Gatwick. Since then the travel packages have grown very rapidly and now getting away from one of the many local airports dotted around the United Kingdom could not be easier – and the saying, ‘the world is your oyster’ really stands with hundreds of sun-kissed holiday destinations available around the world from the simple flight and hotel to luxury all inclusive packages.Why not ake a look at our related articles