Protect your holiday – and your money
Search4sun.com compares thousands of holiday companies finding you the best deal. Our search engine searches and finds package holidays from a number of tour operator sites. Search4sun.com only partners with tour operators who are licenced by one of the following;
1) ABTA – Association of British Travel Agents
As a regulatory body, ABTA maintains a strict Code of Conduct that ABTA Travel Agents must abide to. ABTA members agree to be bound by the Code which governs the relationship between you the customer and the holiday company you book with..
Formed in 1950 by 22 leading travel companies, ABTA – The Travel Association – now represents over 5,000 ABTA Travel Agents and over 900 ABTA tour operators, throughout Great Britain. ABTA?s main aims are to maintain high standards of trading practice for the benefit of its members, the travel industry as a whole, and the consumers that they serve.
Previously known as Association of British Travel Agents, its name was changed on 1 July 2007 to ABTA, The Travel Association to reflect its wider representation of the travel industry.
On 1 July 2008 it merged with the Federation of Tour Operators (FTO). The amalgamation of ABTA and the FTO has created an even more powerful and authoritative voice for the travel industry.
Full details about ABTA, its code of conduct and any further information regarding ABTA holidays can be found at www.abta.com
2) ATOL – Air Travel Organiser’s Licence
ATOL or “Air Travel Organiser’s Licence” is a consumer protection scheme operated by the Civil Aviation Authority. It exists to protect the consumer from losing money or being stranded abroad in the event that a tour operator goes out of business. The ATOL licence scheme provides comprehensive consumer protection to over 28 Million people in the UK who buy flights or flight inclusive holidays each year.
In January 2008, the Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) produced a guidance note in an attempt to end the confusion surrounding whether or not travel retailers have to provide protection to their customers. It is our view that all travel retailers providing flight inclusive holiday packages are required to hold an ATOL licence in addition to complying with the Package Travel Regulations Act 1992.
Our advice to you would be to ensure the company you are booking with holds an ATOL licence.
3) IATA – International Air Transport Association
Air transport is one of the most dynamic industries in the world. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is its global trade organization.
Over 60 years, IATA has developed the commercial standards that built a global industry. Today, IATA’s mission is to represent, lead and serve the airline industry. Its members comprise some 240 airlines – the world’s leading passenger and cargo airlines among them – representing 84% of total air traffic.
IATA seeks to improve understanding of the industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global economies. It fights for the interests of airlines across the globe, challenging unreasonable rules and charges, holding regulators and governments to account, and striving for sensible regulation.
ABTA / ATOL / IATA bonded tour operators featured by Search4sun.com:
- 118 Travel – ABTA No. L6313
- Airtours – ABTA No. J9375
- Balkan Holidays – ABTA No. V089X – ATOL No. 0252
- Cosmos Holidays – ABTA No. V0531 – ATOL No. 2275
- Direct Holidays – ABTA No. – ATOL No. 1179
- Flightandhotel.co.uk – ABTA No. L6313
- Flight line – ABTA No. C0359 & W8319 – ATOL No. 5458
- Holidaycitysuperstore – ABTA No. E545X
- Holidaymate – TBA
- Jet2Holidays.com – ABTA No. Y1256 – ATOL No. 9618
- Monarch Holidays – ABTA No. VO531 – ATOL No. 2275
- On The Beach – ABTA No. K0813 – ATOL No. 10017
- Holiday Place– ABTA No. 84059 & V8707 – ATOL No. 3101
- Manos – Thomas Cook Owned
- Panorama – Thomas Cook Owned
- Ulookubook – ABTA No. P4936 – ATOL No. 6053
- Virgin Atlantic– ABTA No. V2043 – ATOL No. 2358
- holidayhed.com ABTA No. L7161
These ABTA/ATOL/IATA numbers were last updated on 25/08/2012